Dental Implants – Permanent Teeth Replacement
Missing teeth can be embarrassing, causing people to hide their smile and lose their self-esteem. The space created by missing teeth can easily become infected with bacteria, causing other teeth to shift out of place, and making it difficult for people to speak or eat correctly. Dr. Akhavan and the staff at Reflection Dental are sensitive to the hardship a missing tooth can create. We provide dental implants so that our patients can regain their self-confidence, improve their health, and approach life boldly.
Installing dental implants is a complex procedure and patients throughout Orange County trust us to replace their missing teeth due to the stellar reputation of our cosmetic dentist. We know that there are multiple dental providers to choose from so Dr. Akhavan and the staff at Reflection Dental are constantly looking for ways to improve the overall experience of our patients. Our office locations are conveniently located across OrangeCounty, offering you the opportunity to restore missing teeth in a way that looks natural and beautiful.
Facts from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- More than 30 million Americans are missing all their teeth in one or both jaws
- 15 million people in the U.S. have crown and bridge replacements for missing teeth
- 3 million have implants and that number is growing by 500,000 a year
- 10% of all US dentists place implants but that is increasing
- The success rate of dental implants has been reported in scientific literature as 98%
- Implants performed by US dentists 5,505,720 (2006)
- Implants performed by US general dentists 3,103,930 (2006)
- The dental implant market in the U.S is projected to reach $5 billion by 2018
Questions to Ask When Selecting a Dentist for Dental Implants
- What treatment options do you use to restore missing teeth?
- How many dental implant procedures have you performed?
- What’s your success rate?
- What’s your education and training in dental implant treatment?
- Which technique* and type of replacement teeth or appliance do you recommend for me, and why?
- What steps are involved in the process and where and by whom are they performed?
- What should I expect throughout the process in terms of pain, recovery time, eating, etc.?
- Will I have teeth throughout the process?
If one or more of your teeth have fallen out, you may qualify for dental implants as a way to permanently replace the missing teeth. In order to find out, schedule an appointment with our dentist. Dr. Akhavan will examine your mouth and jawbone to determine if the procedure is right for you. Before you can get started, your gums need to be healthy, and your jawbone needs to be strong. If Dr. Akhavan identifies any cavities or signs of gum disease, this will need to be treated first.
Once you are cleared for the procedure, the staff at Reflection Dental will take an impression of your mouth so that the new teeth can be created in a dental lab. Each tooth will be made to match the size and shape of the surrounding teeth along with having a perfect color match. This way your smile will appear completely natural once done. Patients are delighted with the results since no one can tell the difference between which teeth are real and which ones are synthetic.