Reflection Dental – Your Trusted Local Dentist in San Juan Capistrano
The highly trained staff at Reflection Dental are dedicated to giving you the smile you’ve always wanted. Orange County’s popular family and cosmetic dentist provides everything you need to keep your smile strong and healthy. From standard preventative care, to orthodontics such as Invisalign, dental implants and dental crowns.
As a cosmetic dentist located in the heart of SJC, Reflection Dental proudly offers Invisalign, porcelain and composite resin veneers, teeth whitening, gum contouring, and smile makeovers. For people that might be afraid of visiting the dentist, you’re not alone. We offer sedation dentistry in our calm, spa-like environment. We understand that your smile means a lot to your overall wellness and happiness, so we offer the most advanced dental care in a relaxed setting. Our commitment to a caring approach produces awesome smiles and long-lasting oral health.
We offer a wide array of dental services from family and emergency to cosmetic. Below are some of the services offered at the practice.
Cosmetic Dentistry – Making Your Smile Awesome
If your smile has become dull, or maybe some of your teeth are chipped or broken, you’ll want to ask our cosmetic dentist what options are available to you. Some refer to this as a smile makeover. Whenever you have some work done to your teeth, your dentist will want to make sure that the underlying tooth structure remains strong. Don’t trade looks for oral health. Our trained dental team understands how to get the best looking smile while keeping your mouth in the best possible health.
Some of the cosmetic dentistry options available in our Santa Ana office are:
- Porcelain veneers are an awesome way to restore broken, chipped or teeth and also for smile makeovers if options like teeth whitening have failed to give you the results you want.
- Crowns are used to restore a decayed tooth and protect the underlying tooth from further damage. They can also be used to brighten your smile as part of a smile makeover. Read more about porcelain crowns here.
- White fillings are much preferred today over the gray amalgam you’re used to seeing. Many of our patients who have a cavity now have a choice if they want to show people a mouth full of dark metal fillings or keep their smile bright and with white tooth-colored fillings.
Teeth Whitening Service for a Whiter Smile
Everyone loves a whiter smile. For many people, it projects confidence and good health. With today’s technology, you needn’t be held back by the color of your teeth. We use the popular Phillips Zoom teeth whitening system that has been perfected for decades and can give you an incredible white smile in about an hour. Our teeth whitening service allows us to make your teeth several shades lighter in just one visit. Genetics, age and diet can cause your teeth to dull, however in a single visit, we can restore that dazzling smile. Come in on your lunch break, and you’ll be back to work in about an hour.
Many of our patients tell us that having whiter teeth is the top cosmetic concern. Tooth whitening works on your tooth’s natural tooth enamel, so as part of your free consultation, we will evaluate replacement of any old fillings, crowns so they will match the newly whitened teeth.
You should know that tooth whitening is not permanent. Every few years, you may need a touch-up, depending if you smoke, drink coffee, drink sodas, tea, or wine among other things.
Reasons why people have their teeth bleached include:
- Yellow, brown stained teeth.
- Normal wear of the outer tooth layer (aging).
- Stained teeth due to medications (ex. Tetracycline).
- Fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during tooth development).
Call us today to learn more about our teeth whitening service. You’ll love your smile, and you’ll love how convenient and easy we’ve made it for you!
Invisalign – Orthodontic Treatment in San Juan Capistrano
Invisalign is a popular choice for people living in Orange County looking to correct crooked teeth. Because Reflection Dental is a preferred Invisalign provider, you can trust our dental team to transform your smile. Invisalign is one of the most innovative and affordable orthodontic treatment available today, and gives results similar to traditional braces but without the pain and awkwardness.
Invisalign consists of a series of customized clear aligner trays. We change these out trays every few weeks to fit the new tooth configuration. If you need to eat or have an important occasion like having photos taken, the trays can be temporarily removed – just be sure to brush your teeth after eating before putting them back in. You’ll wear the aligners for about 22 hours a day, even while you’re asleep.
What Dental Issues Does Invisalign Correct?
Invisalign corrects the same issues with your teeth as you would with traditional metal braces – the only difference being that the aligner trays are almost invisible, and can be removed when you need to eat and brush your teeth.
Some of the more common complaints corrected with Invisalign include:
- Overcrowding of teeth, which can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth, such as a diastema.
- Cross bites (when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth).
- Underbite (when the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth).
Benefits of Invisalign
- Almost invisible.
- Can be removed before eating.
- Treatment time in as little as 90 days.
- No ugly wires or brackets.
- Less pain and discomfort than traditional braces.
Invisalign is a popular choice for teens and adults alike, revolutionizing orthodontic treatment, allowing you to transform your smile discreetly and comfortably. When you call our office for a free consultation, you’ll discover how amazing your smile will become after you complete your short Invisalign treatment.
Emergency Dental Services in San Juan Capistrano
Are you experiencing a huge pain in your teeth that’s become worse over time? Maybe you had a sudden, traumatic injury which damaged one or more teeth? These situations can be scary, but relief is close by. Call Reflection Dental of San Juan Capistrano when you need quality emergency care. Our dentists have the training and experience needed to provide effective treatment for a wide variety of urgent situations, and our team will be sure to accommodate you ASAP.
We place the utmost importance on dental emergencies because the intensity of pain can be distressing and unbearable. Our emergency dental team will take immediate measures to see you as soon as possible if you or your loved one is in pain.
In addition, our front office staff are highly experienced and can walk you through what to do to provide some temporary relief or to prevent further distress until you can make it into our dental clinic. For more information on what to do in the meantime if you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call us immediately, or contact emergency services if you require hospitalization.
Patients in need of an emergency dentist in San Juan Capistrano are always welcomed, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Types of tooth emergencies include:
- A broken tooth.
- Crown falling off.
- Chipped tooth.
- Severe toothache.
- Sensitivity to hot or cold.
Sometimes you’ll need surgery on your teeth and gums to get rid of pain and prevent future dental issues. Surgery is very routine, and with the latest advances in dental technology, you’ll be back on your feet usually in the same day.
- Wisdom teeth removal might be necessary due to overcrowding or impacted teeth. It’s often recommended prior to having orthodontic treatment.
- Root canals / root canal therapy is performed when a tooth is severely decayed beyond what a regular filling can repair. It’s a relatively painless experience and is a permanent treatment of a diseased tooth root.
Dental Implants – Permanent Replacement Teeth
Across Orange County, dental implants are a popular method to replace missing teeth as well as a permanent solution for removable partial or complete dentures. Implant technology has advanced over the years and now provide excellent support and stability for these dental appliances.
We eat, talk and smile using and showing our teeth, but missing some teeth can affect these functions. Missing permanent teeth, if not addressed, can result in unwanted movement of neighboring teeth. Dental implants are used not just for a single missing tooth, but also if you are missing several or all teeth offer various benefits.
A dental implant is made up of an artificial titanium root and a post that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone by our dentist who understands how to correctly place the implant for maximum effect and stability. The teeth attached to implants look very natural and often enhance or restore a patient’s smile. They have been proven to be very strong, and will last many years.
Reasons to Have Dental Implants
- Replace one or more missing teeth and support the jaw structure.
- Resolve bite problems or joint pain when teeth have shifted into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable.
- Dental implants are a great solution if you have lost one or more teeth to disease or decay. They look and feel just like your natural teeth
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Prevent bone loss
- Very similar to real teeth
- Long lasting
- Don’t need special care
- Don’t impact other teeth
Dental implants are a great solution if you have lost one or more teeth to disease or decay. They look and feel just like your natural teeth.
San Juan Capistrano Location and Hours
Reflection Dental is located close to Ortega Hwy and Rancho Viejo Rd, with easy access from I-5 exit 82.
31726 Rancho Viejo Rd #103,
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- Monday, 9AM–6PM
- Tuesday, 9AM–6PM
- Wednesday, 9AM–6PM
- Thursday, 9AM–6PM
- Friday, 9AM–6PM
- Saturday, 9AM–2PM
About San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano is located in the county of Orange, which is in the state of California.
- Population (approx.): 36,000
- Geo coordinates: 33.5019 N, 117.6628 W
- Postcodes: 92675, 92693
Other areas we serve include
- Laguna Niguel is 2 miles to the north-west.
- Dana Point is 3 miles to the south-west.
- Ladera Ranch is 5 miles to the north.
- Aliso Viejo is 5 miles to the north-west.
- San Clemente is 5 miles to the south-east.
- Las Flores is 6 miles to the north.
- Mission Viejo is 6 miles to the north.
- Laguna Beach is 7 miles to the west.
- Laguna Hills is 8 miles to the north.
Local Parks, Museums and Other Attractions
When you want some time to relax and hang out with your friends and family, check out some of the many parks , rivers around town, such as:
- Los Rios Historic District.
- Monarch Beach, Dana Point
- San Gabriel River
- Santa Ana River
- Santa Clara River
- Santa Margarita River
- Los Angeles River
- Aliso Creek
- Arroyo Seco
- El Horno Cree
By Bernard Gagnon – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=74529475
Kids who maintain great oral hygiene tend to have healthier teeth throughout their adult lives. At Reflection Dental, we see a lot of children at our practice – for general checkups and cleanings all the way to orthodontic treatment. If your child goes to one of these schools, chances are one of their friends is a patient of ours!
- San Juan Hills High School
- St. Anne School
- Dana Hills High School
- Capistrano Valley High School
- JSerra Catholic High School
- Saddleback College
- St. Margaret’s Episcopal School which is on 31641 La Novia Avenue.
- Marco Forster Middle School which is on 25601 Camino Del Avion.
Other Places of Interest Around Town
- Mission San Juan Capistrano (near El Camino Real and Spring Street) was a Spanish mission in colonial Las Californias.
- El Adobe de Capistrano (near Camino Capistrano and Forster Street) is a restaurant that has been in operation since 1948 and is in a building composed of two historic adobes near Mission San Juan Capistrano.
- Capistrano Beach.